Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Creating a Bedroom for Your AG Doll




Every little girl wants a beautiful bedroom for her American Girl, Springfield, Our Generation or Madame Alexander doll. Unfortunately, not every parent can afford to buy the legitimate materials from the companies. Below are a list of links that can help you pull the entire bedroom together.

Bed

The main piece of furniture is the bed. Ana White is almost Internet famous for her free and fabulous furniture plans.  I know that this one will take a while, but you can do it! My sister used this pattern to make one for her granddaughter's doll. You can see hers here. If you love this bed, the pattern you are going to want to use in on Ana's site. If a lot of dolls are sharing a room, you really have to check out the adorable trundle bed, too!

No bed is complete without a mattress, sheets and pillow. Here are free directions for all three! If you saw how cute the bed my sister made looks, then you know you are going to want an adorable quilt to put on top. This primrose garden quilt pattern is my favorite price-free.


Vanity

With just a little bit of lumber, you can add a very cute vanity to your doll's room. Head to 100 things 2 do, and check out these simple, simple plans by Shelly.

Closet

My niece, creative like her mother, shared an adorable closet plan with me. If you do not want a free-standing vanity, you can add one to your closet like the one you are about to see. Or, you can build the closet without the vanity. This is so simple, seeing it may be all you need to do to build this closet.

If I were to make this, I think I would put hinges on the boxes so it could be opened and closed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment