Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Shorts to Complete the Onesie Outfit

First, I have to admit that I only thought of making a cute top when I bought a onesie for $1 at Goodwill. After I cut off the top section, I laid it beside the bottoms and my mind started whirling. As I made the bottoms, I told my husband, "I don't know if this is going to work, but I didn't know if the top would work either. It came out okay."

Once I finished the top, I cut the snap section off of the  bottom, making a straight-across cut (mostly.)


I pinned the two sides together until it formed a pucker in the very middle. Then, I cut straight up the pucker, from the top to the bottom. This was my excess. I pinned it straight up and sewed it straight it, pinned again and sewed a seam across the crotch of the shorts.



It was pretty easy after that. I pulled the shorts onto Kit's body and I folded the top over. I sewed it down, making a little channel for round elastic. After running the elastic through, I tied it and the shorts were done.
I put it on Kit's body and, well, I think it looks really cute on her! What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment